Awakening the Dreamer


Last September I attended this incredible symposium and wanted to (finally) share about it. The Awakening the Dreamer, Imagining the Dream symposium starts with a rather dark description of the current world in which we live and throughout the four hours moves toward what we can do to make a change. Sadly I wrote pages of amazing notes full of insight but now that I look back I see that I mostly listed resources to check out later. So instead, you can just watch this trailer:


(embedded video)

Commitment card at the end of the day: "I am committed to bringing forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling and socially just human presence on this planet as the guiding principle of our times." I really, really, really love this mission statement. really.


I finally moved this post out of the drafts folder and finished it is because the Awakener the Dreamer Symposium will be happening again in Colorado Springs in three small chunks (February 10, February 17 and March 10) or all at once in Manitou on March 6th. (Boulder peops: January 24, February 6 or March 7) Or find a Symposium near you.

This is a great, pain-free jumping off point for anyone wanting to explore something new.

Comments

Popular Posts