- Read 56 books. 1 per week, must be at least 100 pages to count. I kinda had this goal for last year, but only made it to 36 last year. I think 20 more is totally doable. If you're interested, I track them on goodreads.
- Lose 30 pounds. Currently at 190. I don't know what a good "healthy" weight is for me so I'm shooting for 160 and then will reassess.
- Become a full-time student. This one is probably the hardest and scariest to accomplish for so many reasons...
- Respond to any communication (email, phone, fb, etc.) in a timely manner. No more than 48 hours, aim for less than 24 hours. Even if the response is "I don't know yet, I'll let you know in x amount of time"
- Find ways to like my job again.
- Work on getting good people elected to the school board. And see if I can incorporate this work into my "day-job" so I'm not overworking myself.
- Create to-do lists with specific action items for the next day. I seem to spend quite a bit of time floundering to figure out what to do next since much of my work is nebulous. "Make education better..."
- Blog more about life and less about crap I think is interesting (or maybe just find a better balance between the two) I find my sister's "about life" posts super interesting and imagine my typical post is pretty boring-ish.
- More alternative transportation. Moving to STL will help tons with this as friends, gym, grocery, library and post office are all within a few miles. Use my bike! More exercise and good for the earth too! I used to do it in Boulder all the time, even when it was cold and can easily do it here with the cold too.
I love a good "year in review" article or video and here are a few of my favorites: Warning! You can waste quite a bit of time on the following!