Monday Inspiration: Throw Caution to the Wind

Soooooo, I'll finally get over my embarrassment and post again. "Embarrassment about what?" you may be thinking, and if you are thinking this then you probably are not subscribed to my blog via rss. For the last month, I've been journaling daily on a private blog for a game I've been playing with my sister and some of her friends. About 3 weeks ago I wrote this rambling post full of self-deprecation (and not in a humorous way) and hit "Publish Post" only to realize that I posted the stinkin' post to my very public blog. (I've now deleted it, of course, but everyone that subscribes to this blog would've been able to read it in full) Whoopsidasie. Thanks for those subscribers that stuck with me despite my clumsy posting. (Maybe you found it interesting and stuck around in case I do it again? I probably will...)

I'm considering another life-change. A move...possibly into St. Louis proper. Tonight a perfect-sounding place, more importantly: within my price-range, was posted to the St. Louis couchsurfing board. What makes it even more perfect was the cool quote I found on the profile for my would-be, new housemate.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

- Mark Twain

I love trying new things, but sometimes I get caught in the comfortable routine. I like the reminder to stretch yourself so you don't have regrets later.

Comments

Popular Posts