20110824

I'm a city girl

It has taken me a long time to learn this, but I'm a city girl. I romanticize small-town living every time I'm visiting relatives but when push comes to shove, cities are the place for me. I love walking/biking to get around. I love the diversity. The culture. The access to lots of cool and free events. The people of all shapes, sizes and colors in a small space forced to interact. I love saying hello to strangers and taking note of who responds and who ignores. St. Louis was my first taste of urban living and I loved it. Now that I'm living in the heart of Denver the "city girl" in me is confirmed. I can't wait to test drive a "real" city like Chicago or New York.

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I've been meaning to ask how you've been doing these last few weeks. Glad to hear you're liking where you're living so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do a world tour: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population_density

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Perspective Detective and good plan The Nerd!!

    ReplyDelete