Results of My Hanger Trick

A few months ago I posted about hanging all my hangers backwards until I wore what was on the hanger and then hung it correctly the next time. I'm a huge fan. My deadline was June 1 to go through and purge what I hadn't worn but I completely forgot (should have made a google calendar event plus reminder!) I had about 12 shirts that I hadn't worn since March and those were easy choices to discard.

Well, last night my friend, Lauren, filled her roll as stand-in sister super well by helping me go through all of my clothing and get rid of the clothes that were too big or just didn't look so hot. I say "sister" because this job requires a lot of honesty to be able to tell your friend, "No. you look terrible in that. Get rid of it." (Lauren, I'm so glad we're friends)

Here's what I'm getting rid of:
  • 5 Dresses
  • 4 Skirts
  • 10 Pants
  • 2 Shorts
  • 1 Jacket
  • 6 Sleeveless Shirts
  • 24 Short-sleeve Shirts
  • 7 Long-sleeve Shirts
Visual of the Carnage. As Lauren said, "Take no prisoners!!"
Yay! Instead of doing the usual of donating the clothes to a non-profit consignment shop, I'm going to be a bit greedy and have an appointment tomorrow with Refabulous, a local thrift store that has really fantastic stuff. I'm getting rid of some decent stuff (especially the dresses--they've only been worn once or twice, if that...) and maybe I can get a few bucks out of it. I've never done this before, but will report in later on how that goes.

Ahhh...It feels good to rid of unneeded junk!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts