Young NonChristians Reach 40%

"A recent study by the Barna Group, a Christian research association, found that 40% percent of 16- to 29-year-olds identify as nonChristian. The survey found that only 16% of young nonChristians have a "good impression" of Christianity. Most nonChristian youths surveyed believe that Christianity is judgmental (87%), hypocritical (85%), old-fashioned (78%) and too involved in politics (75%). Only 3% of 16- to 29-year-old nonChristians express favorable views of evangelicals.

Even half of young churchgoers said they perceive Christianity to be judgmental, hypocritical, and too political."
(From Freethought Today, November 2007)

I wonder what the numbers would be today!!

Comments

  1. What's so exciting about that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that I'm not alone. I excited about a day when religion will not be so thoroughly entrenched in government and politics. I'm excited that I don't need to feel afraid to share how I really feel. I'm excited to think of a day when "holy wars" will no longer exist. I'm excited...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. Congratulations. But it's still really sad, regardless of how you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts