Human Rights Campaign and Celestial Seasonings

So, I promised some friends and classmates that I would send this a long time ago. What better time to do it than finals week when I have thousands of more timely things to get done! Although I have not sent this letter until today, I have completely avoided all Hain Celestial Group products since October of 2007. Also, I started with this company since I used to work there and thoroughly enjoy Celestial Seasonings products--but, it's just a start.
___________________________
December 14, 2008

The Hain Celestial Group
Consumer Relations
4600 Sleepytime Dr.
Boulder, CO 80301

Dear Sir or Madam:

As a former employee of The Hain Celestial Group I was saddened to learn of the consistently low score that I have seen in the Human Rights Campaign Buyer’s Guide. As an ally to the LGBT community, I feel that it is my responsibility to make wise purchasing choices by avoiding companies that do not actively support this community. You can view the 2009 version of the “Buying for Equality” Guide here: http://www.hrc.org/buyersguide2009/hrc_buyersguide_09.pdf.

I will not be purchasing any products from The Hain Celestial Group until your score is “in the green” (between 80 and 100)

Sincerely,
Kaleena

Comments

  1. Thanks Celestial Seasonings for scoring in the green this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts