Disclaimer

I've thought a lot about what keeping a blog would mean. I've had some sort of journal/blog (online and private) for a few years now, but I've wanted to at least try having something semi-public. Oh sure, I post interesting websites on facebook and occasionally share my thoughts in some sort of public, documentable forum but I'm still unsure about how I fell about sharing my total person publicly and the ramifications that it might have on my personal and soon-to-be professional life.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about honesty and whether complete and total honesty is a good idea. I would like to think that it might be possible to live life without lying, but the truth is--although I've tried to eliminate lying all together in my life-- it still happens often. No, I no longer tell bold-face lies to anyone, but lying happens in many ways: withholding information, exaggeration, or even lying to yourself (rationalization).

Please, don't take things personally, give me the benefit of the doubt and allow me to explain myself before coming to conclusions. This is only a test-run, trial of a blog type thing and for now--I'm just going to see how it goes. I may not spell things correctly and I will often end sentences with prepositions.

Comments

Popular Posts