Putting Down New Roots

I have no idea what my future brings and probably never will. I'm trying get better at having some sort of a 6-month, 1 year and 2 year plan in the works. Always open for change but a plan nonetheless. It's nice to have something to tell people when they ask the inevitable, "What's next?" I've also been realizing that I've been forced into making lots of decisions in the past through inaction. I hear of some really super cool program that I would be perfect for and then neglect to submit the application before the deadline. I want to be proactive again!

One of the big scary steps I took last week that I'm proud of is completing the FAFSA. I thought it was going to be big and scary but one of my supervisors has been working as my accountability buddy and gently nagging me to take steps towards my future. She told me it would take less than an hour and she was right. It only took about 20 minutes from start to finish and I hate myself a little bit when I think about all the mental energy and time I wasted thinking about it!!!! Argh! (As I do with lots and lots of things I dread doing)

Things to work on:
  • Follow through. Doing things when I say I'm going to do them.
  • Overcoming Fear. Yeah--No idea how to do this one. I'm afraid.

HAH! This post started in my head of some of the cool things I'm doing in STL now that I'm considering staying longer than originally planned, but it seems my brain had different ideas. I'll write more on that next time :)

Spoiler Alert! (Drumroll please..........) The big plan for the fall? Community college! I hope to try a full-load of 15 credit hours on for size and then go from there.

Although. There is this little bit of wisdom too:
"Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials." -Lin Yutang

Comments

  1. HI!
    IT IS GREAT TO HAVE A FRIEND LIKE YOU.
    FRIENDSHIP MAKES COMMUNICATING MIND AND COMMUNICATE EMPHASIZES FOR A WIDE MIND.

    I LIKE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU.

    I AM FROM NEPAL. MALE 39.

    I HOPE YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE ME SOME MESSAGE HERE OR TO


    SEE YOU!
    HAVE A GREAT TIME!!
    YOUR FRIEND,
    KEDAR
    HTTP://MERO-KURA.BLOGSPOT.COM

    +977 97 41 0 41 666

    +977 98 0 850 6660

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts