How I'm Voting: Midterm Elections 2010

Maybe this isn't a good idea to post publicly, but I can always change my mind and take it down later...Although I'm currently living in East Saint Louis, I'm voting in the Colorado Election because I've been actively involved in Colorado politics (and I want to keep my Colorado residency too!)

Resources I used for deciding how to vote:
My Votes:
  • United States Senator - Michael F. Bennet
  • Representative, District 5 - Kevin Bradley
  • Governor - John Hickenlooper
  • Secretary of State - Bernie Buescher
  • State Treasurer - Cary Kennedy
  • Attoney General - Stan Garnett
  • State Board of Education, Distirct 5 - Paul Lundeen
  • CU Regent - Melissa Hart
  • State Senate, District 5 - abstain, I don't like my option
  • State Representative, District 20 - abstain, I don't like my option
  • County Clerk and Recorder - Tom Mowle, I've heard this guy speak several times and think he's a great choice for El Paso County.
  • County Treasurer - abstain, I don't like my option
  • County Assessor - Mark Lowderman
  • County Sheriff - Terry Maketa, lesser of two evils?
  • County Surveyor - abstain, couldn't find any info on him whatsoever (G Lawrence Burnett?)
  • County Coroner - Bob Bux
  • Judge Retentions - Retain all of 'em
  • Amendment P - YES
  • Amendment Q - YES
  • Amendment R - YES
  • Colorado Amendment 60 - NO
  • Colorado Amendment 61 - NO
  • Colorado Amendment 62 - NO, didn't we already vote on this in 2008?
  • Colorado Amendment 63 - NO
  • Proposition 101 - NO
  • Proposition 102 - NO
  • County Question 1A - NO
  • County Question 1B - NO
  • County Question 1C - NO
  • County Question 1D - NO

Please know that even though I voted for democratic candidates in all but one race, I spent several hours reading and researching to pick the best candidate for each position.

And although I can't vote on Colorado Springs issues since I my address is in the county, here's how I would vote on the three Colorado Springs issues:

2B - YES
2C -  NO
300 - NO

Don't forget to sign the the envelope for your ballot. If it's not signed, it will not be counted :(

Also, when I was working for El Paso Elections, a surprising number of people wrote things on their envelopes about politics, government or religion. (The most popular being simply: In God We Trust) Any ideas for something fun and clever that I can write on my envelope?

Comments

  1. "I used to work in your office counting ballots too. Hang in there!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I just found a funny option: write "in God we Thrust on it..." Prolly a little too dirty though :) Or in Good we Trust?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, got it. I wrote a nice little note wishing them good luck and so on. And then added "E Pluribus Unum" at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts