My Dirty Little Secret

(I currently have about 5 posts in the "draft" stage. I've decided that I should finally post a few and move on...please excuse the rambled-ness)

I watched The Secret last night, and I feel a little guilty to admit that I liked it. (especially since I have made fun of people who said they believed in the "secret") I mostly like the "Law of Attraction". I think that there is tons that we have yet to understand about the brain--especially the mind-body connection.

The part I didn't like was the idea that you can "manifest" things (a red bike or a $1000 check were the examples in the movie.)

I think I'm going to find some Eckhart Tolle, Jerry and Esther Hicks and Wayne Dyer to read next...sweet

Comments

  1. I came to your blog because you left a comment on mine where I have an Eckhart Tolle eBook download. The link was broken when you went there, but now it's fixed.

    Sorry, and I hope you do grab it. Eckhart, in my opinion, blows "The Secret" out of the water.

    My URL is: http://expandingthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Tunes May Make For Healthier Hearts (http://podcastdownload.npr.org/anon.npr-podcasts/podcast/510221/97037892/npr_97037892.mp3)

    Researchers report that listening to joyful music can cause blood vessels to dilate, increasing blood flow — which is good for cardiovascular health. Michael Miller, principal investigator of the study, explains the brain-body link and which songs may make for healthy hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts