Boulder County Democratic Party Assembly and Convention

SO, I had a super long day on Saturday as I was a delegate from my neighborhood for Barack Obama for the Boulder County Assembly and Convention. We also got to vote for who would be on the ballot for State Senate, U.S. Senate and U.S. House. It was interesting to see how democracy really works in America.

I tried to run to be a delegate to the next level (the State Democratic Convention) in hopes of becoming a delegate to the Democratic National Convention, but I quickly realized that it would be next to impossible to gain one of the coveted 70 or so spots that Colorado gets to send to the DNC.

Much of the day was spent waiting--waiting to get into the auditorium, waiting to vote, waiting for the votes to be counted, waiting to figure out where to go next. It was a true test of my patience. The only thing that kept me going was realizing that the only reason it was so slow was because of all the first-time participants in the political process. (Like me!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts