Twas a Studpendous Week


... and exercise was a huge contributor to its awesomeness.

Winter 2018/19 was long and stressful for me. Usual SAD aside, I also changed jobs. I love the job change and job, but the transition has been incredibly rough. On top of that, STL had a wetter, yuckier winter than usual. One wet day followed by a day where I needed to use my car for work during the day and excellent biking-to-work track record stopped just before Thanksgiving.

But oh baby I'm back at it! And it's fun to watch my emotional well-being stabilize right along side adding exercise back in.

Here's my super fun week in pics and captions:


Sunday


Route. About 11.5 miles

Some old friends and some new friends. Picture taken to commemorate creating an untappd account.
First and prolly only review for a good long while.


Monday

Deanna and Daniella and kiddos visited STL and me for the week on their spring break. Monday night they got a babysitter and we spent a couple hours listening to blues music and danced a bit too!


Deanna Daniella Kaleena. Yes. 3-syllable names that end in "uh" rock!

Double fisting water. Like I do.


Tuesday

American Planning Association Spring Seminar:
  • Law stuffs - new case law for and land use regulations, zoning and land use for medical marijana, and opportunity zones
  • Mobility For All By All
  • Food Access
  • Water & Green Infrastructure (with impromptu 3 min presentation by me!)
aka rapidly mentally flipping between hope and despair for the STL region


Wednesday

Gateway Greening event and first visit to the Three Sixty bar

All dolled up on top of the world! Well, STL anyways!


Thursday

I took the afternoon off and made it to the City Museum for the first time ever. (Yes I've lived in the area for 5 years. Yes, it's embarrassing that I've never been there before.) 

Then dinner at my place with the fam and BFFs with another b-day celebration!

Finally Dani took the kiddos home and Deanna and I got some quality sister time. With dancing!

Sitting at the very end of an airplane wing hanging in space

Sitting at the very end of an airplane wing with my cute sister too!

Friday

Somehow I still managed to squeeze in a full work week this week too. Oy!

Engineers Without Borders 10th Annual Trivia Night and I got to buy the balloons again. (Hopefully for the last time.) Also talked several trivia night tables into an after party at a nearby bar and closed not one but two bars with them. Whoa.

This is what the bottom side of 25 helium foil balloons look like. #protip latex balloons make a much better popping sounds if that's what you're going for.


Saturday

It was a heck of a packed week so I thought I'd stay in BUT THEN I talked myself into saying yes to dancing. Saying yes to dancing is always the right answer. Brassy Beauti Thick N Curvy Edition (Denise Dance LLC) for my friend Al's birthday party. Saying yes to dancing was the right answer this time too. 
Solo wiggling. Like I do.

Nikia and Kaleena!

Blurry selfie. Makes it more alluring amiright?


Sunday

Breakfast and new couch enjoyment at Lauren's


Comments

Popular Posts